What is Prime Day and why should I care? Maybe you have missed it or just saw Facebook flooded with memes about massive amounts of boxes showing up post Prime Day (yes that was me) but for the past three years, Prime Day has been a huge shopping day for Amazon. In fact, last year, Prime Day racked up more sales than Black Friday! In true Amazon style, Prime Day 2018 is likely to be even better!
Now there are pages and groups out there that will be posting EVERY SINGLE THING that flashes through but sorry friends that’s just not how I roll. I want this page to be about things that I truly love and think you would love as well. I’m all about getting a great deal but spending $5 on crap vs. $10 on a really great item that will last through 2 kids and then in good enough shape to sell, those are the kind of things I want to share with you.
So before it gets crazy there are a few things you need to know about Prime Day.
1. You have to be a Prime Member if you are not a member click here for a 30-day free trial of Prime
2. Deal of the Day Many of the best Prime Day deals will be in a Deal of the Day type format. These deals are available for a specific period of time (usually all day or until they sell out). In previous years I have been able to grab great brands like Tagu and Haba through Deal of the Day.
3. Lightning Deals: There are THOUSANDS of Prime Day Lightning Deals. Lightning deals start at a specific time and run for about 3 hours or until sell out. Some deals sell out in minutes.
4. This is a great time to stock up for back to school. In the past this is when I have been able to snag Bentgo boxes, kids shoes, ice packs, craft supplies and kids insulated bottles so I’m keeping my eye out for you!
5. PLEASE comment on a post if you buy something. This helps raise it for others to see in their new feed and a better likelihood that others can grab deals.
Happy Prime Day!
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own! Read more about my site, privacy, and disclosure policies here.