Today I wanted to share with you one of our favorite things in the playroom, our Cafe! I saw this on Pinterest a few years ago and thought.. I can make that! We already had the Kid Kraft Kitchen so making this little corner into a full blown cafe added so much to the look of the playroom and the kids imagination in while playing.
First what the heck is that made from?
- Target 8-cube Organizer shelf on it’s side
- PVC Pipes 4 equal lengths to create the top square
- PVC Pipes 2 equal lengths to create the legs
- 2 90 degree connectors
- 4 U hooks
- 2 45 degree connectors
- Indoor/ Outdoor fabric to make it feel like a real awning
For the full instructions head over to Welcome to the mouse house blog for step by step instructions.
Filling it with Fun Stuff!
Once we got it done I was more excited about filling it! There were quite a few things that were hits and misses over the past few years here is what we have loved. I have loved the Haba Biofino soft food line because they are really well made, detailed and hold up to a good amount of play. Recently I saw this Antsy Pants line at Target and although I don’t think the quality is as high for the price and the adorable food (can you say doughnuts!) we might grab some soon! I haven’t loved some of the hard wood food you cut, I know I have friends that adore Plan Toys and Melissa & Doug but my kids just never got into it they prefer the soft and velcro kinds.
- Learning Resources cash register
- Green Toys Tea Set
- Green Toys Dish set
- PBK Wooden Milk & Eggs
- Haba Biofino Soft Waffles
- PBK Grocery Basket with Fruit
- Kid Kraft Vintage Kitchen
- Melissa and Doug waitress outfit
- Haba Biofino Hamburger and French Fries
- Melissa and Doug Steel pots and pans
- Haba Biofino Sushi Soft Play Food
Items we love not pictured:
- Melissa & Doug Scoop & Stack Ice Cream
- Haba Biofino sandwich
- Melissa & Doug Fridge Food
- Melissa & Doug Bake and Decorate Cupcake set
- PBK Soft breakfast set
- PBK Monique Lhuillier Cookie Set
- PBK Pink Ruffle Gingham Apron
- Dinosaur Apron
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own! Read more about my site, privacy, and disclosure policies here.