First I want to explain why I’m so excited about this new collection. I fell in love with the Gibson brand at Nordstrom a few years back because of their super cute styles and reasonable prices. Over the past year they have started doing these collaborations with big name bloggers that I really admire. When I was having my birthday lunch one of my friends asked me what is your BIG goal with your blog and I told her that my BIG AUDACIOUS goal would be to have a community of women that followed me and trusted my opinion so much that I could have a collection with Gibson. Well I am far from that goal but I can hoot, holler and jump up and down every time I see these collections because they are just that good.
There are a few other reasons that the Gibson brand is one that I want to support and link arms with.
They are a fair-trade ethical brand
Run by a strong female leader, Suzie Turner
Size Inclusive from Petite to Plus
Use real fit models to ensure that these are actual fits not just adjusted
Reasonable pricing – most expensive piece in the collection is $69
Back to this collection… The Gibson x Hi Sugarplum Resort collection is designed to be a capsule wardrobe that you could throw in a suitcase and be ready for a vacation. I’m loving it because it has very easy to wear warm weather items that I will get a ton of use out of in Texas (even though we are still in the dead of winter a girl can dream!)
The largest category of items are tops, which I’m so happy about because the mixing and matching with jeans or bottoms that I already love make these a great addition to my closet.
- Summerland Scoop neck top is a classic scoop neck tank that with an added pocket and the modal/ cotton blend means this will feel soft and flowy. I seriously can not decide what color I want this in but I’m leaning towards the yellow since I don’t have a ton of that in my closet but it also comes in black/white stripe, hibiscus, pink/white polkadot, and white. I would wear a medium.
- Malibu Embroidered Racerback Tank Top this racerback top has beautiful embroidery down the back so from the front it looks like a classic tank until you see the show stopping back. This is a 50/50 cotton modal so it will have an even silkier feeling than the scoop neck top. I’m getting this in the white in a medium but it also comes in pink and blue.
- Carmel High/Low V-Neck Top this polyester top will feel like a silk and it has a v-neck front and back tie close. I loved the brown and white polkadot when I saw the sneak peaks because it totally reminded me of the Pretty Woman dress! This is coming also in a yellow floral, white floral and peony. This one did not immediately jump out at me so I’m going to have to see it on some people before I 100% say yes.
4. Savannah Embroidered Yoke Tee This fiesta inspired cotton/ modal tee has beautiful embroidery right at the top for the classic Mexican feel. The good thing about this one though it’s a soft flowy bottom vs many of the traditional stiff cotton tops of this style. If you are not wanting a full colorful look they did this top in black/white, pink/red, blue/ white and white/ combo. I would wear in a medium and I’m really eying this white/ color combo.
5. Scottsdale Oversize Button Down Tunic This button down shirt is cut longer for a tunic look and with the roll sleeve and utility pockets it’s super versatile. It comes in this classic chambray stripe and in peony stripe. I’m not 100% on how I would style this one so I’m waiting for more pics to see if it’s a add to cart.
6. Santa Fe Rickrack Off the Shoulder Top This off the shoulder top screams fiesta to me and it comes in black, blue, peony and white. I’ll be honest I’m not a big “off the shoulders” kind of gal first because I despise strapless bras and avoid them when I can but also because it never seems to stay off the shoulder. If you love this style then grab this but I’m probably going to be passing on this one.
I’ve been seeing the sneaks of these dresses and I will predict right now that several of these colors will be Day 1 sell outs!
7. Naples Swing Halter Dress This dress I wasn’t crazy about when I saw the sneak peaks because it was of the three prints they are doing but when I saw this classic black and knew that it would be swingy and light I thought perfect LBD! This has a tie halter style neck and it’s 100% polyester so you know it will pack into a small suitcase easily. Out of the all the dresses this one comes in the most amount of colors and prints so I’m sure there is one for everyone.
8. Palm Springs Festival Maxi Dress I will tell you right now I see this pink maxi dress being a first day sell out! It has been the main image of the launch and let’s be honest it’s ADORABLE! This maxi is 0.5 inches shorter than another knit maxi that I have that I wear with wedges so for my tall ladies this one may not be for you unless you are wearing with flats only. I’m loving the racer back but because of the eyehole I’m thinking this is a strapless bra situation. I’m grabbing this pink color in a medium but it is also coming in classic black and another white bird of paradise print that screams vacation.
9. Laguna Soft Jersey Ruffle Back T-Shirt Dress Out of everything THIS is the piece that I am the most pumped about. I loved the ruffle T-back shirt that Cassie did last summer and when I saw it was coming in a super soft jersey dress in the most adorable black and white stripe I said SIGN ME UP! This was the first thing in my cart this morning and I’m grabbing it in a medium. I have a feeling I will be going back for either the blue or peony because it looks like the most perfect casual dress.
I have a love/ hate relationship with rompers. I love that they are super cute, lightweight and great for summers here in Texas, I hate getting naked to pee. Yes I said it but you know what I’m talking about!!! There are only a few that are worth my bathroom nakedness and these might be them.
10. Catalina Ruffle Hem Romper this romper in the palm print has been one of the other most hypes pieces of this collection and I expect a week one sell out. I’m grabbing this one because it has a silky polyester feeling and snap front close which I’m so excited about with a larger chest we will see how well it stays closed but it’s so cute I have to give it a try! This is coming in blue and black if prints are not your jam.
11. Seaside Soft Jersey Lounge Romper Now this jersey romper I see myself throwing on over my bathing suit all summer long. It has a stretchy modal/ spandex fabric that will be a super soft knit. I’m loving the solid grey, blue and peony but the black/ white stripe is also adorable. If I wasn’t getting the jersey dress in the stripe I would grab this one.
12. Cabo Drawstring Shorts These cotton drawstring shorts have a cute ruffle top and I’m thinking will be adorable with the tanks and t-back tee. These have a 2.5 in inseam so they will be short but obviously very flowy. I’m grabbing these in black in a medium.
13. Sedona Wide Leg Ankle Pants Now I’m not a big wide leg pant fan but these are 100% rayon so they will feel very silky and with the ruffle top and tie waist I can see these being a favorite of a lot of people. They have a 25.5 in inseam for the regular length so I am waiting to see how that looks on 5’5 or if most people are going the petite route. These also come in black and dark blue which would be cute.
Thank you so much for checking here on all the Gibson fun, I love all your support! If you are shopping online the best way is using a computer, not a mobile device. But if you’re a phone/tablet girl, just make sure to complete your transaction in whatever social media window or browser you clicked from
DON’T MISS A POST!
Subscribe to get email updates! In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive exclusive newsletter content like special sales, my newest favorite finds, and updates on sales and deals — all delivered right to your inbox. Through February 28th if you are a new subscriber you will be entered to win a $50 Gift Card so sign up today!
// FOLLOW ALONG //
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own! Read more about my site, privacy, and disclosure policies here.