There are certain things that remind me of summer, having ice cream on the steps of our favorite candy store, eating watermelon and going on vacation. We are currently averaging about 1 large watermelon per week and we have gone for ice cream about every other weekend.
So the last thing on the list to REALLY make it feel like summer is to take some trips. Coming up soon we will do a quick trip to my in-laws to have the kids spend a week there then our bigger annual beach trip is still about a month away.
Since I’m in packing and planning mode I thought I would go ahead and take this time to share with you some of my TRAVEL ESSENTIALS.
- Long Sleeve Sweater Duster Cardigan Even in the summer I find airplanes and airports tend to get cold. This lightweight cardigan is perfect to layer over a tank or tee when it gets a little chilly or when one of my kids needs an extra layer.
- CalPak 20″ Spinner SuitcaseThis lightweight hard size suitcase is one of the most popular high tech versions and luckily this one is on sale!
- Travelon Anti-Theft Cross-Body Bucket Bag This bag I have used over and over while traveling because it is super lightweight, can pack flat but when out and about with kids it holds 2 Funtainer water bottles, snacks, wallet, sunglasses, small blanket and 2 kids iPads. I got it in a neutral grey so both my husband and I can carry it. It also has a ton of safety features for international travel.
- Fiesta Beach Repeat Bikini Bag I always bring a wet bag on vacation (especially during the summer) because it seems that someone always has a wet bathing suit as we are heading home.
- Round Rattan Bag $33.99 (similar style in lighter color) I love this crossbody bag for my “fancy” purse on vacation it’s just the right size for sightseeing but when I don’t need to bring a ton of the kids stuff (aka dinner dates) when I’m toting all the kid items I also bring #3
- Travel Jewelry Organizer This ingenious jewelry organizer is one of the first that has a large enough panel for earrings and has a zipper pouch for all the “other” items.
- Soma slimming crop leggings When I get the chance while traveling I like to wear a comfy pair of leggings but there are a lot that are not thick enough I feel for outside of the house wear except these. They are thick, slimming and great for travel with the high waistband.
- Apple Airpods I know there are a ton of noise cancelling headphones and such but these are my absolute favorite because while traveling with kids I feel like about every 5 min someone is trying to talk to me and since they auto pause when you take one out its a lifesaver!
- Sonia Kashuk Weekender Makeup Bag This makeup bag is the perfect size to fit all my travel size toiletries including hair care, skin care and some sunscreen.
- Palm Printed Luggage TagMy husband doesn’t love my girlie luggage tags but I love this one because it makes it states exactly what I want… “beach please”
- Eva NYC Mini Blow Dryer For longer trips or when I’m going to my in-laws I will bring my Dyson airwrap system. Although at times it makes me nervous to travel with that because of the cost so this little pink hairdryer packs a punch yet it doesn’t damage your hair and comes with styling tools.
- No Jet Lag Homeopathic Remedy Now I know this will not be for everyone but if you are going overseas this homeopathic no jet-lag pills made a HUGE difference for us when we traveled to Italy.
- TravelWise Packing Cube System Once I went to packing in cubes I am NEVER going back! These hold so much, keep outfits organized and fit well into so many bags. This version comes in a ton of colors and although they are affordable I’ve had mine for years with no issues.
- Anker PowerCore Lite High Capacity Portable Charger Someone is always low on phone battery on vacation and this lightweight charger is our go-to. We love it so much we grabbed one for everyone we knew for Christmas presents.
Love these ideas? Check out my beach and pool favorites if you are staying home this summer.
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own! Read more about my site, privacy, and disclosure policies here.