Fall Capsule: Long Weekend Getaway
Recently I headed to my in-laws for a long weekend with the kids and while I was there showed you some of my outfits. I wondered if you wanted to see how I packed all these outfits into a 20″ traveling suitcase and I heard a resounding YES! These are all items that I’ve gotten for this fall season and are easy to mix and match.
First, let me explain the weekend getaway I was packing for. I headed to Shreveport, Louisiana were the weather was about in the mid 60s. So definitely not too cold but we were having some cooler fall temperatures. Now while I’m there I like to go to the casino with my father-in-law and we have a blast together.
Unfortunately smoking is still allowed so I always have to consider keeping some items that are going to smell a bit like smoke separate from other things that I wear. Although this is a good packing technique is you are going on a girls trip or getaway where you might end up in a bar that leaves your clothes smelly!
Let me tell you what I brought:
- LOFT Moto Jacket, tts M
- Caslon knit blazer, tts M (my color sold out get Rumba)
- LOFT Flounce Top, tts M
- LOFT Cowl Neck Sweater, tts M
- Madewell Cardigan, size down for more fitted S
- LOFT Skinny Jeans, tts 31 petite (for ankle length)
- KUT from the Kloth jeans, size down 10 (similar color)
- Amazon swing dress (long sleeve or short sleeve) size up, L
- Abercrombie Lace Cami, size up for larger chest L (rust color)
- Old Navy Yoga Pants, bring 1 crop & 1 long, size up if in-between, L
- Gibson Cozy v-neck top, tts M
- Vince Camuto Tortilla Suede Bootie, size up 1/2
- Target slouch tall boot, size up 1/2 to wear w/ socks (Similar Style)
- Steve Madden studded loafers, size up 1/2
- Adidas Edge Lux, size up 1/2
- SOMA vanishing back bra, tts
- True & Co wireless bra, tts L for 36DD
- Natori Undies, bring 4-5 depending on trip length, size up, L
- SOMA cool nights short sleeve tee, tts I size up for loose feel, L
- SOMA sleeveless tank tts, M
- Amazon scarf (site calls mine pink but there is no pink in it)
- similar Tory Burch watch
- Victoria Emerson boho cuff (Genoa)
- Victoria Emerson double wrap (leopard print)
- Stella & Dot Hoop Earrings (similar from Kendra Scott)
- Kendra Scott Drop Earrings
- Madewell layered necklace
So after I wrote it all out I realized I brought a lot and it ended up making over 10 outfits!!
Since it’s about a 3.5 hour drive it to my in-laws I always want to be comfortable in the car but I don’t wanna look a hot mess when I arrive or if we have to get out and eat. This is when I wear my yoga leggings and a soft top, on the way down it was my cozy Gibson and on the way home my LOFT tunic.
Let’s be honest though if I’m traveling my hair is UP and I want some easy to move around in sneakers. These Adidas are super cute but I wanted to mention that the laces do come undone a fair amount so double knotting is necessary.
This first set of outfits are great for during the day, lighter layers but definitely still feel like fall. Most of these you can switch around the shoes depending on what you have planned that day. For more walking days I’m throwing on my loafers, maybe on a chilly day my tall boots.
This second set of outfits obviously can be used for another 4 days if needed or it’s a quick change for the evening. Maybe heading someplace where you have a bit cooler temps after sunset I added more of my thicker layers.
Now with the dress I would have added some leggings if it was really cold but on this trip I only brought crop leggings which didn’t look great with the ankle booties.
I hope this helps you pack for your next getaway or just mix and match outfits for the fall. If some of you are wondering… where is your makeup, hair stuff etc? I pack all of that in a separate bag which doubles as a 2nd carry-on if you are headed on a plane. I forgot to add in this pic a small crossbody that I use during travel.
In this bag I pack:
- Curling Iron
- Target Toiletry Case
- Jewelry Case (if I’m bringing a lot, if not then you can pack in a small bag into the main suitcase)
- Dyson Airwrap
- Makeup Bag
- Crossbody bag stone color (but I have this beauty on order)
// FOLLOW ALONG //
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.