Amazon professional workwear capsule: 15 outfits for under $250
It’s capsule time again!! As many of you know I spent close to 15 years working in a business professional environment. Basically I wore a suit for over a decade. As I started this blog I wanted to ensure I stay true to my roots and continue to bring great workwear options for the busy professional.
Now back in my recruiting days February was always CRAZY!! So what to do when the weather changed and I didn’t lose that holiday weight as fast as I had hoped… AMAZON! Today I have rounded up 6 core pieces from Amazon to build a workwear wardrobe that can go from Monday-Friday to cute weekend.
Now that I’ve been doing more Amazon workwear I have really fallen in love with their Lark & Ro brand. I feel like the sizing is consistent with retailers like LOFT and the price point is affordable making it a great option for professionals on a budget.
SHOP THE CAPSULE
Let’s also talk sizing, I’m 5’5 and typically wear a size M/10 top, I’m a 36DD so I do have to worry about items being tighter across the chest or too low cut. In bottoms I’m closer to a true 12 these days and I prefer the petite for length and modern fit since my hips are smaller and thighs bigger. The pants in this collection are a “curvy” fit which to be honest was not a great fit for me but might be good for you.
Here is how each item fit:
- Lark & Ro Women’s Long Sleeve Band Collar Gathered Detail Blouse, tts 10 (Similar for fall 2020)
- Lark & Ro Women’s Long Sleeve Smocking Detail Blouse, tts 10
- Lark & Ro Women’s Ruched Sleeve Woven Blouse, tts M
- Lark & Ro Women’s Crepe Knit Faux Wrap Dress, size down if in-between for fitted look size 10. Hits above the knee so might be short for over 5’5
- Lark & Ro Women’s Bootcut Trouser Pant- Curvy Fit, tts 12 short but these were too big in the hips need a non curvy style. These fit me a bit better and have a pull-on style (12 short).
- Lark & Ro Women’s Knit Jaquard Pencil Skirt in mini check, tts in a 10 but needed 12 this is a stretchy knit with stretchy waistband so very comfortable. This one went low stock I’m thinking this one is the same in black and navy.
- Lark & Ro Women’s Long Sleeve Knit Jacquard Blazer in mini check, runs tight size up in 10 needed 12 but is overall very stretchy and comfortable.
- Amazon Essentials Women’s Lightweight Open-Front Cardigan Sweater size up, L in camel heather // This one looks unavailable so try this Cielo cardigan in camel (size up, L)
SHOES/ ACCESSORIES/ JEANS
- Sam Edelman Women’s Hazel Pump (similar to pair I’m wearing) tts
- Sam Edelman Women’s Sally Ballet Flat, size up 1/2
- Lola Mae Quilted Crossbody Bag in Red
- Envelop Clutch Crossbody Bag With Tassels Accent in Stone
- Totally Shaping Pull-on Skinny Jeans, tts 12 short // these are a pull-on style and fit but are not my favorite jeans
- Democracy Women’s Ab Solution Crop Jean, tts 12 // these fit similar to wit & wisdom just a bit tighter I sized to my regular size for comfort but have a bit of room still.
Outfit #1: Jacket, Leopard Print Blouse, Skirt, Heels
Outfit #2: Leopard Print Blouse, Black pants, Heels
Outfit #3: Leopard Print Blouse, Skirt, Heels
Outfit #4: Jacket, Leopard Print Blouse, Black Pants, Heels
This Leopard Print blouse was honestly the inspiration of finding more Amazon workwear. I love the cut of these blouse and finding that Lark & Ro had some new prints and styles made me so happy. This blouse has covered buttons and a loose, flowy fit through the chest making it a great option for my figure. This blouse comes in a total of 9 colors so easy to find a few favorites.
Outfit #1: Jacket, Green Blouse, Skirt, Heels
Outfit #2: Green Blouse, Black pants, Heels
Outfit #3: Green Blouse, Skirt, Heels
Outfit #4: (not pictured) Cardigan, Green Blouse, Black Pants, Flats
This green blouse quickly became my favorite of the capsule because of the flowy feel and great color. It looks great with pants, skirt and jeans. The cardigan can also be thrown over with the black pants but I forgot to take a picture of that option, oops!
Outfit #1: Cardigan, Black Blouse, Black Pants, Heels or Flats
Outfit #2: Black Blouse, Skirt, Heels
Outfit #3: Black Blouse, Pants, Heels, (optional blazer)
Outfit #4: Blazer, Black Blouse, Skirt, Heels
This black ruched sleeve blouse has a one button keyhole opening that I realized was hard to see in these pictures. I like that it looks professional buttoned but then can be unbuttoned for a more casual look (see below). This has a more woven feel than the first two blouses.
Outfit #1: Blazer, Dress, Heels
Outfit #2: Dress, Heels
Outfit #4: Cardigan, Dress, Flats
This faux wrap dress is great because it is connected all the way to the other side so no wondering if it’s going to fly open. Also with the stretchy knit fabric it’s comfortable and the v-neck is not too low.
Now I’ve had many of you request for pieces that can be mixed and matched from work to weekend. Here are all three of the blouses restyled for easy weekend looks.
// FOLLOW ALONG //
INSTAGRAM ♥︎ FACEBOOK ♥︎ AMAZON STORE ♥︎ PINTEREST ♥︎ EMAIL
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.