Mom you are doing GREAT: Mother’s Day ideas for staying at home!
As I was originally thinking up ideas for Mother’s Day it was brunches, friend get together and fun presents from the hubby and kids. This year is soo very different but in all honesty I think it has made all of us slow down and really enjoy the small things in life.
I’m not EVEN going to pretend that all of this is easy but we are starting to accept this “new normal” of home school, limited supply of hand sanitizer and loungewear, lots of loungewear. Today I’ve partnered with Soma Intimates to show you a few of my favorite loungewear pieces and give you some ideas on how to show the mom in your life how much they are appreciated!
French Terry Everyday Wrap | Essential Short Sleeve Tee c/o| Moves Nonstop Legging Black | Pottery Barn Duvet
In our house one of my greatest gifts is to sleep in. It hardly ever happens because I’m a super early riser and so is my son but the times that I can sleep later I love it when breakfast is made for me.
On the weekends my husband is in charge of breakfast my favorite is pancetta scrambled eggs, fresh fruit and avocado toast. Lately he has been making faux beignets with my daughter where they just punch a hole in a biscuit and fry them up then add a little powered sugar on top.
Even when I “sleep in” I’m typically up but just getting a chance to lounge in bed a little longer and not have to immediately entertain kids. When I’m around the house one of the first things I throw on is my Soma Everyday Wrap. It’s lightweight but warm and it has pockets which I love.
10 WAYS TO SHOW MOM YOU CARE (WHILE AT HOME)
- MAKE HER BREAKFAST – My favorite is scrambled eggs with pancetta, avocado toast and a mimosa in these fun glasses.
- WRITE HER A LETTER – I love that my daughter has her own stationary from Erin Condren and can write me a sweet note to tell me how much she cares!
- CLEAN THE HOUSE – Man I miss having my housecleaners come but instead my kiddos have been stepping up their surprise mom with a clean playroom game and it makes me soo happy! My kids love using the cordless Dyson because it’s lightweight and the can push it around themselves plus mom will LOVE it too!
- GIVE A BACK RUB (or feet/ shoulders/ scalp I’m not picky!) If you haven’t yet upped your game with some soothing massage oil now is the time!
- FINISH THE HONEY-DO LIST This fun dry erase magnet will help her keep all the to-dos ready to go.
- GET A SUBSCRIPTION TO HER FAVORITE MAGAZINE Curling up in a bath with a glass of wine and a new magazine is seriously heavenly! A few favorites of mine: Real Simple, The Magnolia Journal, US Weekly
- CLEAN HER CAR (and add gas now or later) I HATE cleaning my car and typically it’s packed with school bags and leftover goldfish stuffed into car seats. While her car is at home break out the Armor All wipes and get working!
- PLAN A BACKYARD PICNIC Most moms I’ve talked to said they are pretty much over cooking at this point so grab food from her favorite restaurant (if curbside or delivery is available) and set up a backyard picnic for her but don’t forget the blanket!
- SET UP MOVIE NIGHT I love cuddling up with my kids for movie night but after a month at home I would LOVE to see an “adult” movie for a change! Grab her a cozy throw and check out some of the new in-home theater releases like this sappy love movie.
- LET HER RELAX IN PJS ALL DAY! Go ahead and make this the #1 must do for mom this year! Grab her some cozy cool nights pjs or amazing loungewear from SOMA and then just let her do whatever she wants… ALL DAY!
Fit Tips: Pullover tts, M // legging size down if in-between, M
Most moms right now are begging for an “off” day. You know just a full day where I get to lounge in my comfy clothes and have my family dote on me. I love the Soma Moves Non Stop leggings because they have a high waistband that doesn’t roll. Huge side pockets for my phone (or else I put it down and lose it!) and thick, soft fabric nice enough to nap in!
I pair it with the French Terry Pullover because it’s a good mid-weight Terry tunic that is long enough to cover the bum and still soft enough to cuddle all day.
I hope that you and your family is happy and healthy this Mother’s Day and fingers crossed that MAYBE we will even be able to spend it out of the house!!