Fall Anniversary Picnic & Cabana Life Giveaway
TRM X CL CAROLINA TUNIC DRESS (tts, L)
Hopefully last week you caught the launch of my first ever curated collection with Cabana Life. This collection includes some of my favorite Cabana Life essentials & three of the new fall dresses. In honor of The TRM x CL Collection, I’m teaming up with @cabanalife to gift one lucky winner a $200 gift card to Cabana Life! Head to the end of the post to find out how to enter.
Now as the weather starts to cool down in DFW, we all start to get an itch to be OUTSIDE. Today I wanted to highlight one of my favorite dresses from the collection and a fun way to wear this dress to an anniversary fall picnic! This dress along with entire fall line is designed with a luxe, heavier-weight UPF 50+ fabric perfect for spending some time outdoors.
While I would love to jet to wine country and spend my anniversary walking through vineyards and snacking on charcuterie boards unfortunately that’s not happening this year. Instead I thought that I would put together the feeling of that experience right in our own area.
When we first moved to the DFW area we found this gorgeous park that was down the street from our extended stay hotel called Grapevine Botanical Garden. Our kids have grown up going to this park and in the fall it is a haven for picnics and family pictures (seriously on the weekends you see at least 6 groups taking pictures). It has big open grassy areas perfect for a fall picnic with just your love or have the kids run around while you snack and relax.
Here is how I set it up:
The first step for me was finding an amazing local business that makes Board Boxes called Board + Brie. This was the box that feeds 2-4 with a cute fall theme. Now if you don’t have a great local place to pick up a pre-made charcuterie board (yeah I know I’m spoiled) here are the items they say are good for building your own:
- Edible fruit near the center of your board with a small jar of honey next to it and don’t forget the cute honey dipping stick. (fruits can include apple, pear, orange, pomegranate, season fruit, etc.)
- Cheese time! Pick 3 cheeses- a soft, an aged and a hard cheese. (options include soft brie, Cambert, Goat, Aged-Cheddar, Gouda, Guyere, Hard- Manchego, Percorino, Parmesean and add a wedge of blue cheese and crumble the ends)
- Artisan Crackers in small stacks or lines next to your cheeses. I like having a basic round cracker and a fun seasonal.
- Charcuterie Meats roll or fold the meats in tiny stacks next to the cheeses. Lane from Board + Brie said to fold prosciutto back and forth then place on the board for a flower effect. I always devour the prosciutto and my daughter is a huge salami fan.
- Garnishes- add fresh fruit like bunches or grapes in the corners of your board or some springs of basil or rosemary
- Sprinkle small bunches of nuts to fill in the gaps in your board we love pistachios, walnuts, Marcona Almonds, macadamia nuts and pecans
Now the way to bring a little extra love to a fall picnic includes flowers. I told my husband early in our marriage (about to be 13 years) that flowers will get you out of a lot of trouble with me!
A few years ago I was introduced to a company called Farmgirl Flowers, a small upstart in the heart of San Francisco. Since then they have grown to deliver all over the US the most incredible bouquets that look nothing like the standard ones you find at the grocery store! They use small farms and local growers plus like Cabana Life they are female owned and operated.
Now back to the DRESS! One of the reasons that I love Cabana Life dresses so much is the stretch! I can be running after kids or relaxing with some wine and I’m comfortable. While it is stretchy it also has an a-line shape so not too clingy in those curvy areas that don’t need extra attention.
When you add in gorgeous colors, beautiful prints and UPF 50+ fabric you can see why then are worth the investment.
So I know what you are thinking, how can I WIN one?! Well my friends at Cabana Life will be gifting one lucky winner a $200 gift card to Cabana Life which means with code RECRUITERMOM20 that gives you 20% off you can grab a dress AND something for that love of yours (yes they have men’s stuff too!)
- Follow @cabanalife & @therecruitermom on Instagram
- Like & SAVE the Cabana Life post and The Recruiter Mom post
- Tag 2 friends, on each post and let us know your favorite piece from the new collection.
Giveaway is open to US residents 18 years and older. All the steps of the giveaway must be followed in order to be entered into the random drawing for the winner. Giveaway ends Friday, October 30th at 11:59pm EST. This giveaway is not sponsored by Instagram. The gift certificates are not redeemable for cash.
Cheers and Good Luck!
Photography by Audrie Dollins of Dallas, TX