You asked for it so once again here is another WORKWEAR CAPSULE!! Now this time around I’m doing the most shopped, always hitting “add to cart” retailer… Amazon.
Now that I’ve been doing more Amazon clothing I have really fallen in love with their in house brands. I feel like the sizing is more consistent and honestly I know that many of these affordable capsules are perfect professionals on a budget (yes my superhero teachers I’m talking to you)!
Plus many of these pieces are available on Prime Wardrobe so you can add to your box, try them on and only get charged for what you keep. Keep in mind Amazon prices are subject to change and sizing of seasonal items do sell out.
In this capsule I chose 1 dress, 3 tops, 2 cardigans, 3 pants, 3 pairs of shoes and 1 bag as the core items. It makes at LEAST 12 outfits but honestly there are tons more combos that you can put together just by adding some jeans for weekend outfits.
Let’s also talk sizing, I’m 5’5 and typically wear a size M/10 top, I’m a 36DD so I do have to worry about items being tighter across the chest or too low cut. In bottoms I typically wear a 12/ L.
Here is how each item fit:
- Lark & Ro Flutter Sleeve Shift Dress size down if in-between, 10
- Cielo Women’s Solid Basic Open Front Pockets Knit Sweater Cardigan size L color peach 3
- Goodthreads Boucle Shaker Stitch Cardigan Sweater size down if in-between, M
- Lark & Ro Georgette Blouse with Ruffle Details size down if in-between, M
- Goodthreads Fluid Twill Tiered Shirt size down if in-between, M
- Lark & Ro Women’s 3/4 Puff Sleeve Crew Neck Top size 10
- Lark & Ro Women’s Stretch Tailored Work Pant-Straight Fit size down these run generous, in a size 12
- Daily Ritual Women’s Ponte Knit Skinny-Fit Zip Pants size L
- Wide Leg Stretch Pull On Capris run small in waist, I would size up to XL
- Amazon Essentials Pointed Toe Flat Ballet tts in camel
- Leopard print Pointed Toe Ballet Flats size up 1/2
- Wearing J Crew nude pumps // Similar option on Amazon these run small size up 1/2
- Tote bag in Russet New
- Layered Necklace / Similar on Amazon (outfit 4)
- Chain Necklace / Similar on Amazon (outfits 6 & 8)
- Kendra Scott Knot Earrings (outfits 2 & 3)
- Kendra Scott Sophee Drop Earrings (outfit 4)
- Kendra Scott Chain cuff Bracelet (outfits 2, 3, 12)
- Tory Burch Fleming Convertible Shoulder Bag (outfits 2 & 7)
- Leopard Belt (outfit 11)
Let’s start with the top that basically started it all. When I saw this beautiful new print I knew that I HAD to try and make a capsule that would center around the pinks, corals, Burgundy and khaki colors in this blouse. I love the ruffles flutter sleeve and gathered neck.
It’s somewhat hard to see but the background of this top is black so in my capsule I chose two styles of black pants to mix and match.
Let me also also about these leggings! WOW I did not think that I would ever find work appropriate leggings on Amazon (aka thick enough and good color choices- 8) well I was wrong! These have a great thicker waistband that does not cut into the belly and silky thick ponte fabric.
Next I wanted some PINK in this capsule since it is such a fun color this season and I like a good structured blouse. This Lark & Ro Blouse has a slight puff sleeve and 3/4 length arm. It has a length that’s good tucked in or out and enough weight where it’s not sheer.
The third pair of pants I tried with this capsule was a little out of my comfort zone but I saw them on Cassie Sugarplum and decided to give it a whirl! These are a stretchy pull-on wide leg style with a higher waist.
When I go them they looked small and when I put them on I was right, these are running small in the waist and since they are stretchy they also fit real tight across the bum so for work appropriateness I would size up.
I have that they have pockets though and the length is great in the large, I’m hoping the XL doesn’t add too much length.
The final top I chose for this capsule is another printed top since I feel like they coordinate well with several jackets and blazers. This one has only a light amount of pink but black background and khaki triangles.
It has a long sleeve and tiered shape making it great for over leggings. I will mention that although it is slightly longer in the back it does not fully cover the rear.
Let’s also discuss these trouser pants. Again I’ve searched Amazon now for YEARS to find great work pants and it’s been hit or miss. These trouser pants are just as high quality as LOFT but they are machine washable and have a bit of stretch!
These actually are running a bit large and in the size 12 I had considerable room in the belly so I would size down. Right now they are showing under $30 and that is an incredible deal for these pants.
The final main piece of this capsule is this ruffle sleeve dress. I first got this back in fall in a black and white combo but when I saw the pink I needed it! I love that it is lined, flowy and can be changed up bu either clasping the neck or leaving it undone.
While I didn’t style this one a ton of ways I wanted to show that each pair of shoes in the capsule looks adorable with this dress making it very easy to dress up and down. I would prefer another belt to try out with this dress but just had the leopard on hand but it looks great with the cardigan.
PIN THIS FOR LATER
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own! Read more about my site, privacy, and disclosure policies here.