I know it’s late January but it’s time for vacation!! Many of you have told me you headed to warmer climates so the new Gibson x Hi Sugarplum Resort 2020 Collection is perfect for your travels!
Luckily my friend Cassie at Hi Sugarplum and the team at Gibson sent me a few pieces from the new Gibson x Hi Sugarplum Resort 2020 to help build a fun vacation wardrobe. I love that all of these pieces that can be dressed up or down depending on where you are going. Also all the pieces pack easily and they mix and match to create endless combinations. Check out my IG TV video where I use pieces in the collection to put together 10 day to night outfits for your vacation (take a peek at the outfits at the end of the post).
All the pieces of the collection are available starting today exclusively on Nordstrom.com.
As these collections tend to sell-out quickly I wanted to give you my sizing recommendations first.
I am typically a 10/M/ 36DD in Gibson tops and L/12 in Gibson bottoms. I am 5’5 and in-between a petite and regular on length in most pants and skirts depending on fit. I did not receive all pieces in the collection so I will be basing my other sizing recommendations off of previous purchases and online guides.
- Naples Off Shoulder Top, tts in L but could have used M also
- Portofino Tiered Maxi Skirt, tts in an XL needed L. This is running shorter I was able to wear with flat sandals and it hit my lower ankle.
- Amalfi Maxi Dress, this fits TIGHT in the chest I’m in a L with a wireless bra. If larger chested size up at least 1 size, also this is running longer, I had to wear wedges for it to be off the ground.
- Positano Denim Skirt, tts L // this sits high on the waist and tighter across the booty so if you have some junk in the trunk size up. The length is good and hits above my knee.
- Bosa Scoop Neck Bodysuit, size up if larger chested, L
- Limone Trimmed Knit Tank, tts, M this has a flowy fit
- Como Casual Drawstring Dress, size down if in-between in M and very comfortable
Items in collection I did not receive:
- Mondello Slub Pocket Tee, I would order in M
- Ravello Trimmed Dress fully lined and has fit and flare fitting would size up to L for chest room
- Capri Smocked Waist Romper size down if in-between I would order M
- Sorrento Pull On Short tts, I would order L
ADDITIONAL ITEMS IN THIS POST
- Vince Camuto denim jacket, tts M
- Gibson Skye Joggers, tts L (these have been worn, washed and dried on low several times do your L might feel a little looser at the start)
- Madewell Skinny Jeans in White 31 petite for ankle length, these are a bit sheer
- Tory Burch Miller Flip Flop in makeup, size up 1/2
- Similar Treasure & Bond wedges or these previous style I sized up 1/2 but these show they are more tts
- Amazon Essential Casual Strappy Sandal, tts
- Similar Tory Burch Thin Flip Flops, size up 1/2
- Kendra Scott Presleigh Bracelet
- Kendra Scott Sophee Drop Earrings
- Kendra Scott Veronica Hoop Earrings
- Kendra Scott Didi Statement Earrings
- Kendra Scott Tiana Pinch Bracelet Set In Gold
- BaubleBar Contessa Tassel Earrings
- Round Rattan Bag for Women Straw Bag
- Bamboo Handbag- Small
- Wide Brim Straw Panama Roll up Hat Fedora Beach
AMALFI MAXI DRESS
When I saw the pictures of this collection there were a ton that caught my eye but NONE compared to this maxi dress. During the spring and summer I wear them a ton because I always feel pretty and they are comfortable.
This style has a great v-neck, can be worn with a regular bra (I prefer wireless with this dress) and has POCKETS! When it arrived I realized it is running a bit tight in the chest (hence the wireless bra) so if you are larger chested you WILL need to size up. Also this is running much longer than the maxi dress of last year. I’m 5’5 and wearing wedges, it would drag otherwise. I’m wearing a Large
The best part of this dress though it the fabric, it’s a thicker woven material so not see-through or too thin, plus it travels well!
length when I have the skirt pulled up just a bit, wearing wedges
POSITANO DENIM SKIRT & NAPLES OFF SHOULDER TOP
This top was another that I saw and immediately thought ok I need that in my life! I’m not a huge off the shoulder kind of gal because they don’t always fit me well and it has to be pretty special to wear a strapless bra but this top can be worn one shoulder OR off the shoulder. It has a great flowy fit and can be tucked or untucked easily. I’m in a L but could have also used a M so stick tts.
Packing for a vacation this gives a another look to the same top so here I have it paired with the Positano Denim Skirt. This skirt is a higher rise so it sits on your natural waist. I did feel like it runs a bit tight in the rear (mama’s got a booty) so size up if you need a bit more waist or rear room.
Naples Off Shoulder Top | Positano Denim Skirt | Similar Wedges | Circle Bag | Hoop Earrings | Kendra Scott Presleigh Bracelet | Similar Necklace
NAPLES OFF SHOULDER TOP & PORTOFINO TIERED MAXI SKIRT
Now for the most versilitly of mixing and matching I ordered the tiered maxi skirt in the same print as my off the shoulder top but it’s such an amazing skirt I want ALL THE COLORS.
This this skirt was so popular in this print I ordered an XL but it big but the waistband has a functional drawstring so I would say if you are in-between sizes go up and you can always tighten in. It is the perfect length for flat sandals which I wear a ton in the summer and hits right at my ankle. If you are taller than 5’6 this will be short so just fyi.
This is the same woven fabric as the top and maxi dress but even with a white background it is not see-through AT ALL!
PORTOFINO TIERED MAXI SKIRT & BOSA SCOOP NECK BODYSUIT
If you had told me that at 40 years old I would be wearing a bodysuit I would have told you THAT’S CRAZY TALK! Here we are and I love it!! Now here is why this one is a bit different than any others I’ve looked at.
This body suit has a nice full bottom coverage, no skinny thongs or riding up! The straps are wide enough for a regular bra and it is a soft more knit material. I will say in certain light it does feel a bit sheer but with a black or nude bra I had no issues. Size up for larger chest, I’m in a large
portofino tiered maxi | bosa scoop neck bodysuit | strappy sandals | BaubleBar Contessa Tassel Earrings | Circle Bag | Similar Necklace
LIMONE TRIMMED KNIT TANK
Some of my favorite tops tend to be sleeveless (I live in TX after all) flowy jersey material with some pretty detail. This Limone tank checks all the boxes! This top comes in three colors and they look great with several of the bottoms in the collection or with just a pair of white jeans.
This can be worn with a regular bra but it will show a bit in the openings but I wear a nude bra and it doesn’t bother me. Since this does have a good flow to it I’m in a M and it fits perfectly. Size down if in-between or smaller chested.
Limone trimmed knit tank | madewell petite mid-rise skinny jeans| Tory Burch Miller sandals | Tory Burch crossbody bag | Didi Earrings
COMO CASUAL DRAWSTRING DRESS
Talk about a versatile and comfy dress! This one is a soft jersey material with functional waist drawstring. The v-neck is not too low and it has rolled short sleeves. This dress can easily be dressed up with a denim jacket and wedges or used as a comfy coverup for your favorite swimsuit.
I’m in a medium and I have plenty of room in the waistband and length so definitely size down if you are in-between on this one. Obviously I’m partial to the red but the solid black and stripes are all great options.
TIME TO SAY GOODBYE!
bosa scoop neck bodysuit | gibson skye joggers | denim jacket | slip-on sneakers | calpak carry-on luggage | sunglasses
Every great trip has to come to an end as does this post!! It has been such a pleasure sharing my favorite pieces of the Gibson x HiSugarplum collection with you. I want to BIG TIME thank Cassie for allowing me to be a part of her big day. This is the 3rd collection I have helped her launch and I am forever grateful for her generosity, kindness and just overall being the type of woman that wants to lift others up.
Don’t forget to check out my IG TV for a fun (and pretty dorky) styling videos on all 10 of these outfits.
// FOLLOW ALONG //
INSTAGRAM ♥︎ FACEBOOK ♥︎ AMAZON STORE ♥︎ PINTEREST ♥︎ EMAIL
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Gibson x Hi Sugarplum resort items in this post were gifted, all other items were purchased. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own!
The Recruiter Mom is participant in the Amazon Services LLC Influencer/Associates Program, an influencer/affiliate advertising program designed to provide means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to https://www.amazon.com/shop/ryannejanca
The Recruiter Mom LLC uses affilate links on this page. Purchasing an item through a link may result in a commission. Merely clicking on a link does not result in a commission, but if a qualifying purchase is made, a comission is earned.
Read more about my site, privacy, and disclosure policies here.